The 3rd annual Wharf Uncorked Food & Wine Festival presented by Wind Creek Atmore will take place Thursday, Sept. 15 through Saturday, Sept. 17 featuring more than 100 labels of wine, chef demonstrations, the luxury yacht walk and both live and silent auctions benefiting Make-A-Wish® Alabama, which raised $14,421.63 last year.
“This is a paramount year for The Wharf, and as we approach the third year of this festival we will continue to build on the success,” said Sheena Mizell, marketing manager at The Wharf. “We are proud to bring the event to the Gulf Coast again and invite all wine and food enthusiasts across the area to join us for the three-day celebration.”
Daily events and ticket prices* include:
Thursday, Sept. 15 Chef Showdown
– The Palms, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
– Chris Sherrill of Flora-Bama Yacht Club and Brody Olive of Perdido Beach Resort will face-off for a heated competition joined by James Briscione and Brooke Parkhurst as they pair up to emcee.
– Individual tickets for the kick-off event are $25. Combo tickets for the Chef Showdown and Grand Tasting are $60.
Friday, Sept. 16 Local Wine Dinners
– The Wharf is home to more than 10 unique restaurants with fare ranging from sushi to steak and everything in between. On property venues along with those along the Gulf Coast will have individual wine dinners.
– The public can make reservations directly through the restaurant.
Saturday, Sept 17 Grand Tasting
– Throughout The Wharf Entertainment District, 4-8 p.m.
– The property will be lined with vendors serving the finest wines and small bites. Guests can visit the Culinary Experience Tent for demonstrations from top chefs on the Gulf Coast and round out the night with the presentation of awards. In celebration of its 10th anniversary, The Wharf will be having a ‘Toast to 10’ during the live auction.
– Early bird tickets are $50. Regular ticket pricing begins July 15 at $60 and last minute pricing is $70 starting Sept. 1.
This year, the champion of The Wharf Uncorked will be an automatic Elite Qualifier for the World Food Championships in November back at The Wharf. More than 400 pre-qualified competitors will enter one of
nine categories for a total purse of $300,000.
Tickets are available online through Ticketmaster.com, or at The Wharf box office. For more information, please visit TheWharfUncorked.com.
About The Wharf
Located in beautiful Orange Beach, The Wharf is the Gulf Coast’s premier destination resort and Marina. The Wharf features a unique selection of shopping, dining and entertainment options, including restaurants, boutiques and stores, a 15-screen movie theater, 112 foot tall Ferris wheel, and live music at The Wharf’s 9,600 seat Amphitheater. No matter the time of year, The Wharf is the ultimate family-friendly vacation destination. For more information visit alwharf.com.