Living the Nightlife – Act Your Age
4 Activities for 4 Different Age Groups
The nightlife on the Alabama Gulf Coast is as varied as the ages of those who wish to experience it. For that reason, we’ve got 4 activities for 4 different age groups (but don’t worry–you can always get crazy and pretend to be older or younger than you are…unless it’s you’re not 21, of course).
The Track Gulf Shores at Night!
- In the evening, bring the kids (or kids-at-heart) to one of the many family-fun attractions in the area. Get your Jordan Speith on with a little putt putt or pit the family against each other with bumper boats or go-carts. Bowling your thing? Or maybe your group would rather shoot each other with lasers or bazooka balls? Whatever your level of competitiveness, there’s a place for you to get in the game. Find the venue right for you on our Adventures page.
- Grab the flashlights and try to spot crabs on the beach.
Crabbing at Night
- Take in a history lesson with a Twilight Tour of Fort Morgan. You know all those Southern clichés about us dressing up and reenacting history? Turns out, it’s a cliché for a reason.
Fort Morgan at Sundown
- Ride the Ferris Wheel at the Wharf (occasionally, we’ll feature a coupon here).
Ferris Wheel At The Wharf
HOME FROM COLLEGE
- The college kids flock to the Flora-Bama and for 2 main reasons: bushwhackers and band parties. We don’t blame them.
Partying at the Flora Bama!
- Unleash your inner artist at Christie’s Paint N Shop in Orange Beach. Bring your girlfriends (and BYOB) for an evening of painting!
Paint Your Masterpiece at Christie’s
- We’re more than Jimmy Buffett-style music crooning on beach front patios. Yep, we have Jersey-Shore worthy dance clubs, too. So, for those who like flashing lights, loud music, ever-flowing cocktails, and dancing, Live Bait Restaurant and Nightclub is for you. It’s t-shirt time, y’all.
Live Bait Restaurant and Nightclub
- Depending on the time of year, check out a local event like The Hangout Music Festival. Go ahead and pack that flowered headband—we don’t judge.
Our Favorite! The Hangout Music Festival
- Many local establishments have bands rocking on the weekdays and weekends. Check out LuLu’s at Homeport Marina, or Tacky Jack’s for local and regional acts playing year round. See our advice on finding the right place at the right time too!
Local Music Scene is HOT here!
- Warm up your vocal cords and head to the Pink Pony Pub for Karaoke. Mic check one two, one two.
Party Hearty at The Pink Pony!
- Couples looking to get all romantic can enjoy Sunset Cruises on one of the many boat charters. They serve a gourmet dinner and, you know, sunsets.
Get Romantic on a Sunset Cruise
- Get your recreation in like a celeb when you take a tour with Orange Beach Helicopters. A view of the sunset so good, it makes the seagulls jealous.
Gulf Shores Helicopter Tours
GRAY HAIR, DON’T CARE
- Nolan’s in Gulf Shores is popular amongst both snowbirds and locals for their dancing lounge. “Midnight Confessions” showcases the best dance tunes of the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. This happens every Tuesday-Saturday from 7:30 to close and the dancing is taken very seriously.
Nolan’s Restaurant awesome house band for dancing!
- Visit the Gulf State Park Pier at night to cast your line or take a stroll. Share your catch with us on Facebook (and if the grandkids set your account up for you, make them share your photo…they’re the ones who brought out your inner Social Media addict, after all).
- Add a little culture to your evening with a show. You won’t be disappointed with the musical stylings of the Coastal Chorale or a play at South Baldwin Community Theatre.
South Baldwin Community Theater
- Traveling with a movie buff (or popcorn addict)? There’s a movie theater in both Gulf Shores and Orange Beach to see a show. Check out Carmike Cinemas Wharf 15 or Cobb Pinnacle 14 Theatres . See whatever you want, but we don’t suggest Jaws or Sharknado. 🙂