20 Things on the Alabama Gulf Coast Bucket List
Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are the perfect combination of relaxation and adventure. It’s a small town with a big beach and from the beautiful waterfront sunrise to our slow, beachside sunsets, we’re pretty confident that life is better here.
With turquoise waters and sugar white sands, it’s almost too easy to slip into a whole new state of relaxation, but we’ve got our fair share of ways to get your adrenaline pumping, too. Whether you’re a resident of the island, a frequent tourist, or a first time visitor, this list of 20 Things to Do in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach will give you days of fun covering a range from chill to thrill.
- Soar like an action hero with a flyboarding excursion
- Watch everyone’s favorite mammals play in their natural habitat with a Dolphin Cruise
- Live the festival life at one of the many coastal festivals like The Hangout Fest or Mullet Toss
- Experience the thrills (or chill) at Waterville USA
- Encounter something wild at the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo
- Cast a Line at the Gulf State Park Fishing Pier or on a deep sea expedition
- Experience history at Fort Morgan
Fort Morgan Reenactment
- Get down with nature at the Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge
- Take a stroll at the Hugh S. Banyon Backcountry Trail
Hugh S. Banyon Backcountry Trail
- Spot something beautiful on the Alabama Coastal Birding Trail
- Get sky high and Parasail across the Gulf of Mexico
- Fly high above white sand dunes and Gulf waters at Gulf Adventure Center at Gulf State Park’s Hummingbird Ziplines
Ziplining at Gulf Adventure Center
- See a concert at the Wharf
- Take a helicopter tour and get an aerial view of the coast with Orange Beach Helicopters
- Blow Glass at the Hot Shop at the Coastal Arts Center
- Shop at San Roc Cay
- Share the Beach and help thousands of turtle hatchlings take their first steps
- Hit the links at courses designed by pros like Arnold Palmer, Bruce Devlin, Jerry Pate, Earl Stone and Robert Von Hagge.
- Channel your inner-kid on bumper rides, go karts, and big thrills at the Track Family Recreation Center
The Track Gulf Shores
- And of course, you wouldn’t want to miss spending the day lounging on our 32 miles of white, sandy beaches!